Fergus Henderson wrote:
> Well, I certainly understand that not everyone is interested in
> reading all of the details in this FFI thread.  But on the other
> hand, I don't think we should create a new mailing list for every
> new thread that generates a lot of discussion. [...]

It's already too late. :-) Although I agree with Fergus, it has been
decided to create [EMAIL PROTECTED] for discussions around the FFI and
the associated libs, and the list is already up and running. Everybody
who is interested in this stuff is invited to join via the usual
Majordomo command (I'm a little bit reluctant to write the word
"subs...be" here, because I have seen versions of Majormdomo which
tried to interpret commands in *every* mail).

Cheers,
  Sven
--
Sven Panne                                        Tel.: +49/89/2178-2235
LMU, Institut fuer Informatik                     FAX : +49/89/2178-2211