    > The idea of double lists was to permit a fast two-directional
    > navigation,
    > and the ease of insertion/deletion.

    > But in Haskell, where the beasts are not mutable:

    > ... Actually, has anybody really used them for practical purposes?

I think that if you want mutable double lists you would use a
representation with before/after lists.  Perhaps when you no longer
need mutable access (ie just "tape" operations) you can switch
to a representation with backthreading.

I suppose if there are parliaments of crows there may as well
be bedlams of coroutines.
--
Peter