On Tue, 9 May 2000, Frank Atanassow wrote:

> Jan Skibinski writes:
>  >    Any good idea? First prize: a bottle of something good. :-)
>
> There is a thing known as an Entropy Gathering Demon (EGD).
>
> >From http://www.lothar.com/tech/crypto/ :

        You have been nominated for the first prize,
        thank you. That's all make sense to me. Now
        that I know I should blame myself for not
        noticing this little daemon running all the time
        on our machines. But to give others a chance
        I will postpone the final announcement :-)
        Jan

        P.S.
        I do not have a clue as yet why my mailer mishandled
        my question about sources of randomness. I thought
        it was sent few days ago. Sorry if you received it twice.
        I had few hardware problems recently, the servers
        were down few times. Add to it yesterday's terrifying
        storm - I could not belive my eyes when I saw sparks
        coming out the receptacles. What a week!