Mike Jones wrote:

>.. . My be problem is how to
> dynamically control the step size of algorithms to support algorithms that
> have non-uniform step size. Perhaps some kind of clock divider scheme.

In general this is one of the gray areas between continuous (discretized
anyway) and discrete (clocked) simulations. Synchronous, clocked
approach
is less than well adapted to this sort of problems, because the link
between the global clock time and the local discrete time for an
adaptive
DE algorithm ceases to exist. Yes, why not division? Or just, if you are
interested in the final solutions as trajectories and *not* as sequences
of events, you forget about clocks. (This is my very naive and minima-
listic viewpoint...)

The *strictly technical* problem on how to control the step size depends
on the algorithm. I wonder whether there are some generic strategies
here.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France