"S. Alexander Jacobson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote,

> I am President of Shop.com and know and love Haskell (and FP in general).
> Nonetheless, the issue with using Haskell commercially is that:
> * we cannot afford the training costs associated with getting new
> programmers up to speed and finding programmers at all (much less Haskell
> programmers) is fairly difficult.
> * Haskell interfaces with databases and existing Java libraries are not
> all that complete/clean

Could you maybe tell us what it is that you need with
respect to database interfaces and Java libraries (and where
appropriate where deficiencies are in existing solutions)?
I think, many people here would be happy to help plugging
holes if that makes Haskell more usable, but it is sometimes
a bit difficult for us to see which holes bite users most.

Thanks,
Manuel