Aren't most of these "java additions" MS J++ or MS specific
rather than java/jdbc  "run-anywhere" though?

Hoping that this isnt the case

Chris

  http://losser.st-lab.cs.uu.nl:8080/

 > * Haskell access to a pool of database connections

Daan Leijen's HaskellDB?

  http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/haskellDB/

 > * Haskell access to Java classes

Erik's Lambada

  http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/erik/Lambada.html

 > * Encapsulation of Haskell as Java classe

I don't know what that means, exactly. You mean a Hugs-like implementation
in
Java? Not a bad idea... do you need that, though, now that GHC can produce
Java bytecode? Anyway, once the Java backend stabilizes, you would (in
principle, at least :) be able to cross-compile GHC into a Java binary, and
then use its upcoming interactive frontend. You still wouldn't have
programmatic hooks (i.e., a Java-level rather than console-level interface)
the front-end, but it would become much easier to add.

 > And all of this has to be relatively zipless and compatible with an
 > existing JServ/JSP/Apache installation.

Eh? "zipless"?

--
Frank Atanassow, Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University
Padualaan 14, PO Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, Netherlands