> On Tuesday 16 October 2001 07:29, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> > [...]
> > The whole idea of letting you omit method definitions for methods with
> > no default and having calls to such methods be run-time errors is IMHO
> > exceedingly odd in a supposedly strongly typed language, and IMHO ought
> > to be reconsidered in the next major revision of Haskell.
>
> This is exactly what I think.

I agree too, but being able to omit method definitions is
sometimes useful -- would it be possible to make calls to
those methods a /static/ error? I suspect this would be hard
to do.

--
Jón Fairbairn                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
31 Chalmers Road                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]