On 5/20/06, Chad Scherrer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks, Bulat. I'm looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

Is there any indication what fast IO approach might work its way into
the standard libraries? It would be nice for idiomatic Haskell to be
really fast by default, and I'd love to be able to show off the language
shootout implications to coworkers.

Cabal doesn't seem obvious to me. Currently my uninformed point of view
is that the whole thing is too complicated to be worth the benefit it
provides. Since it generally seems popular, I'm guessing that means it's
either much simpler than it seems, or else the benefit provided is just
enormous. Can anyone point me to a sales pitch, or provide some
motivation for me to RTFM?

A quick sales pitch: usually you, the library user, can just type:

./runhaskell Setup.hs configure
./runhaskell Setup.hs build
./runhaskell Setup.hs install

And it will Do The Right Thing(TM), which is nice.

/S

--
Sebastian Sylvan
+46(0)736-818655