On 2008 Oct 19, at 2:07, Friedrich wrote:
Howerver even if Strings are bad I can not see why they are hanging
around so long. I open a file a read it line by line and I close the
file so all read string are "garbage" and getting rid of them should
not be that hard or should it?

If your code is too lazy, you have the whole file + the close operation hanging around in unevaluated thunks until you print the result and it all gets processed all at once. Laziness is a double- edged sword.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]