* Peter da Silva <pe...@taronga.com> [2005-10-26T22:16:49]
> On Oct 26, 2005, at 4:04 PM, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> >http://search.cpan.org/src/ALEXP/Net-Domain-TLD-1.5/TLD.pm
>
> I'm using Monaco 10 as my monospace font in Safari.
> Works ffine ffor me.

Argh!

\{fi}rst, to Jeremy, I apologize: while /normally/ Macs have kerned f
and i together (as Wikipedia said), in this case it is actually
replacing the "fi" with a ligature.

Observe the hate: http://rjbs.manxome.org/hates/safari

There is a setting for the font to use ligatures under the gear menu's
"Typography..." inspector in the font selector.  Changing this to "no"
does not seem to stick.  Or do anything at all.  Similar, Monaco has
this setting by default "off" and turning it on does nothing, and does
not "stick."

--
rjbs