On Nov 9, 2005, at 23:00, Yoz Grahame wrote:

My experiences with RMS remind me of that word in "The Meaning Of
Liff" defined as "the minimum distance at which sheep remain
picturesque".

If you ever need to prove Google is wrong every now and then - it finds "Klong" as the definition. I looked it up, and The Meaning of Liff gives it as "Sheppey" - defined as "Measure of distance (equal to approximately seven eights of a mile), defined as the closest distance at which seep remain picturesque".

I find this mismatch strangely fitting, given the subject of discussion right now.

I find his written stuff thoughtful and usually containing many
persuasive arguments.
I will now stop talking about him.

Indeed.

And, of course, I strive to be one. A big one.

Well, one may hope, right?

If you need to strive and hope, you're doing it wrong.

Thank you. I needed that. Tomorrow, my cow-orkers will wonder why I'm behaving that way. Readers here will realize why, and approve.And any developer who calls in sick will bless his bird-flu.

-John