On Jun 19, 2006, at 2:38 PM, Jeremy Stephens wrote:

You make a good point.  I just hate it when the behavior switches
halfway through the code.  I'm OK with only tabs if that's all someone
uses, and your methodology would also be fine.  But don't use 4 spaces
at one level of indentation and a tab at the next level, assuming that
everyone keeps their default tab width at 8 (which is what I'm dealing
with at the moment).

I'd have to say that my main hate in this space is stupid Emacs, which (by default, from what I can tell) uses 4 spaces for the first tab and a full tab for the second tab. It's absolutely evil.

--
Luke Kanies
http://madstop.com