On 9-Nov-06, at 11:42 PM, Martin Ebourne wrote:
So I've not even attempted to do any ruby programming. But I have done
endless amounts of programming in a dozen other languages.

That post was meaningless gibberish to me. I find it difficult to
believe that ruby has come up with such completely new concepts that
no-one else has ever even thought of that it needs to invent its own
natural language extensions just to talk about them.

Uh, you're hating ruby for calling it's package management system "RubyGems"? That's like hating perl for CPAN or php for whatever it is php has. Now obviously CPAN is hate-worthy, but not for it's name, surely.

And Rakefile... um, makefile? But not, because a makefile is for make?

Surely this is misdirected hate...