On Mar 15, 2007, at 11:57 PM, Michael G Schwern wrote:
Casual users don't click to bring a tab to the front and accidentally hit the
close button that's taking up 1/4 of the tab they're clicking on?

I'm not a "casual user", I don't think, and I use Camino - I haven't tried out the new Firefox. Camino has a close button on the tab, but it doesn't in any sense use up "1/4 of the tab". If Firefox's tabs are so poorly designed, then that's what you ought to be hating.

That's one of the things I prefer about Camino. I like being able to close a tab other than the one I'm viewing with a single click.

And of course it doesn't have that hateful CPU-snorting skinnable UI. I'm down with Makali and JWZ on the desirability of skinnable UIs, but y'all know this... I've endorsed Makali's audio-cock technology on hates-software before.