Hi David,

* David Cantrell <da...@cantrell.org.uk> [2007-04-03 15:15]:
> This:
>
> > Thank you for your email to dan...@kickidle.com...
> > ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE AND HIT SEND.
> > The long version:
> > Thanks for your email! However, I now get over 150 spam
> > emails a day. That's just too many to handle. And
> > unfortunately, my automatic filters like to claim that mail
> > from my family and friends is spam. So I have to double check
> > all those messages to make sure I'm not actually ignoring my
> > mom instead of the spam. Since I haven't setup your email
> > address on my approved list yet (sorry!), you need to let me
> > know you're not an evil spammer.

I have taken to active countermeasures now:

a) I DO NOT respond to the challenge when the mail is legit.

b) I ALWAYS respond to the challenge when the mail is spam.

I figure that these people are asking me to send a spam mail
straight to their inbox and providing me with all the tools
to do it, so who am I to refuse? And what's a little whitelist
pollution between friends, y'know? I'll gladly help out a pal.

Regards,