I have the newest Firefox. At least I think I do, because each time it crashes and I restart it, there's a page telling me that Firefox was updated.

When does it crash? For example, when I've just entered the URL secondlife.com. Well, the life of Firefox sure came to an end, and I had to start a new life - except it wasn't second, it was tenth or something. At least it restores the session correctly.

Of course it's not necessarily the fault of some code in Firefox itself; it can be one of the million things it could depend on in the ancient Linux distribution crippling my desktop.