On 8 May 2007, at 09.02, Adam Atlas wrote:
On 8 May 2007, at 08.46, Yossi Kreinin wrote:
Or something. I wonder what inserts that backslash. I'm pretty sure I've seen it from people reading their mail using both Outlook/Windows and Thunderbird/Linux. Is it done at the server side, or is it some brain-crippled "de facto standard" like the BSD mailbox format responsible for all the >From mail I get?

Like most of life's problems, I believe the most common culprit for this is PHP's magic_quotes_gpc.

And actually that was supposed to be in response to the "Edit 3: Why can\\\'t you handle quoting properly?" bit, not the email thing.

I think most people are at least sane enough not to write their email systems in PHP.