On Mon, 21 May 2007, H.Merijn Brand wrote:

> So untrue. Following up on Abigail's hate, there have been numerous
> times in the recent month that I typed 'ex -v' just to NOT get into
> some vi clone like gvim or vim.

Are you actually getting Joy's vi or is it Bostic's nvi? The latter is in
many ways less hateful than the former (or at least the version shipped by
Sun), e.g. because of infinite undo and not crashing when you make the
terminal window too large.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
VIKING NORTH UTSIRE: SOUTH VEERING SOUTHWEST 5 OR 6, OCCASIONALLY 7. MODERATE