On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 01:24:38PM -0700, Sean O'Rourke wrote:
> Of course, this is irrelevant in the real world.  It continues to
> amaze me how many students I see in the lab using vi without
> ":set syntax=on" or Emacs without "(blink-cursor-mode -1)",
> having not even tried to reduce the pain.

Not all who wander are lost...

I can't stand color syntax highlighting, myself. Every time I try to use
it I get distracted by the changing colors every time I open or close some
quoting method. And don't get me started on the problems when the file-type
auto-detection fails and it tries to highlight your python file using some
C-like syntax.

Give me the clean, zen-like simplicity of plain white or gray text any day
of the week.

-Zach (Who's still upset that there's no way he can use nvi's multi-level
       undo model when stuck in vim)