On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, demerphq wrote:

> On 03/01/2008, Jarkko Hietaniemi <j...@iki.fi> wrote:

> > > That's better, but I'm still not convinced that 'Finish' is the best
> > > label for the button.
> > >
> > > I've already told the computer to start Firefox; it then interupted that
> > > to do something updatey of its own accord, so even the concept of
> > > finishing something isn't really in my mind.  And that's the only
> > > enabled button on the window anyway -- it isn't like I have a choice
> > > here over whether it should finish or do something else!
> > >
> > > Smylers
> >
> > "Click [Restart Firefox] to complete the update process"?
> >
> > But agreed, if there's only one choice, why bother showing it?
>
> So you feel all warm and fuzzy because you were involved in the upgrade.

We can't have these things happening without *some* kind of user
intervention in the process, can we? People always seem to howl about
silent self-update systems, but *ahem* this solves that problem, eh?

In any case, surely "Proceed" or "Continue" would be better verbs than
"Finish", hence

  "Click [continue] to begin using the new version of Firefox."

--
Chris Devers
DO NOT LEAVE IT IS NOT REAL