On 08/01/08 16:46 Peter da Silva wrote:
On 2008-01-08, at 10:33, Robert Rothenberg wrote:
The irony is wonderful!

You'll have to elaborate.

The English-Likeness monster doesn't live in keywords, it lives in syntax and semantics.

You left our the part I quoted:

On 2008-01-07, at 13:49, Jeremy Stephens wrote:
Why is the UPDATE syntax so different from INSERT?

Because the people designing SQL were devotees of the English-Likeness Monster.

When I'm generating SQL I just maintain a list of columns and values ...

SQL was designed to resemble a human language, yet you (and many others, myself included) prefer to generate it with a computer program.