Tony Finch wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2008, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>> Lately I've been toying with ISO date integer versions, for that "what,
>> you're
>> using the 2005 version?!  Your shit is OLD!  UPGRADE NOW!" effect.
>> http://use.perl.org/~schwern/journal/35127
>
> How do you handle parallel stable/dev/etc. branches?

Rather than trying to wedge that information into a single number, and not
everyone does or gets the odd/even convention, I'd do it via a totally
different vector.  In the case of Perl it's the META.yml file, but whatever
metadata you may have.  RPM spec file, dpkg info, portfile...
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.module.build/2007/12/msg1151.html

Because I slice my projects so thin, I don't tend to need a long running dev
branches -- a classic source of hate -- there's just not that much to dev.

--
164. There is no such thing as a were-virgin.
    -- The 213 Things Skippy Is No Longer Allowed To Do In The U.S. Army