Somewhere on Shadow Earth, at Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 09:55:30PM +0000, Steff
Davies wrote:
> Timothy Knox wrote:
>> I spend my days in heavily Linux-y environment. My main machine is a Linux
>> box,
>> my dev box is Linux, my client-test box and my server-test box are all
>> Linux
>> boxes. Woo-hoo! I can run firefox on any of my boxes...or can I?
>
> IIRC setting the environment variable MOZ_NO_REMOTE (catchy!) disables this
> behaviour. As violations of the principle of least astonishment go, though,
> it's a doozy.

Is that your final answer? ;-) Of course that doesn't work, at least on the
firefox installed on CentOS 5. No that would be too easy! :-)

However, curiously enough, when I hacked up the firefox wrapper to add that
capability, I called the variable MOZ_NO_REMOTE (probably in half-remembered
tribute to the long ago variable of the same name).

--
Timothy Knox <mailto:t...@thelbane.com>
The one thing I've learned about freedom of expression is that you really