* Smylers <smyl...@stripey.com> [2008-05-23 12:40]:
> Pidgin is an IM client.  More out of a sense of completeness
> than expectation of success I decided to consult its help for
> something. It has a 'Help' menu in the customary place; that's
> good. The first item in that menu is:
>
>   Online Help
>
> which sounds promising, were it not for the confusion caused by
> the existence of the third item, namely:
>
>   Get Help Online ...
>
> Yer-what?
>
> There's a difference between the meaning of those two? And I'm
> supposed to divine what it is, and choose which one I want
> accordingly? Hateful!

This is an Ubuntu hate, not a Pidgin hate. Vanilla Pidgin has
only one of those, Online Help, the one with the life ring. But
Ubuntu apparently patch this into (more or less?) all the gtk+
and Qt apps or something like that, so that not only Pidgin but
many other apps have the exact kind of duplication you see.

Regards,