On 15/06/2008, at 10:50 PM, Peter da Silva wrote:

On 2008-06-15, at 02:11, Gareth Redman wrote:
With tabs on bottom you have content inside the tab pane (the page) and controls outside (like the, um, awesomebar) that *both* change when the tab changes.

If the controls on the address bar changes when the tab changes, then that's hateful. It's also inexplicable.

The content of the address field changes. Back/forward buttons change. Content of the search field changes. Text zoom status changes. Stop/ reload status changes.

Those are all the controls I use and they're all dependent on the current tab, so I think it's more logical to place them inside the tab content.

There is one application I know that does things like Firefox et al. and that's Visual Studio. The toolbars displayed depend on the current document, which has the frustrating side effect that the tab bar *moves vertically* as you change tabs.

--
Gareth Redman
gred...@gmail.com