2008/9/3 Peter da Silva <pe...@taronga.com>:
> On 2008-09-03, at 02:39, Nicholas Clark wrote:
>>
>> Dear Evolution [...] why do you break this workflow horribly by deciding
>> to force the first
>> app to drop its selection as soon as I touch a key?
>
> Because it's written by the great minds of the new age of Linux who think
> that the way to win the desktop from Windows is to emulate the way they
> think Windows works.

Emphasis on "think windows works". I havent found any Linux apps that
work the way Windows _actually_ works. I might hate some of them less
if they did. Of course MS seems unable to remember how Windows worked,
when it worked. Which mean i guess I shouldnt hold it agains the Linux
folks either. At least they have an excuse, that of not using a
Windows since that horrible version that nobody who ever actually used
Windows ever tried to use. (That would be the one about 4 versions
before the one the one that was actually half decent to use.) Whereas
the Windows guys appear to have systematically thrown all the decent
features away and replaced them with rubbish.

They all suck. We should go back to abacuses (or is abaci?), or slates
of mud and sharply pointed sticks......

Yves