On 1 Oct 2008, at 18:49, David King wrote:
[...]
Because after downloading the disk image, you have to mount it and copy the application out of it. At least Windows copies it for you, on the Mac you have to do it yourself

How hateful of the Mac to have me choose if and where to install an application rather than it just magically appear somewhere at random in my file system.

Now, if you want to learn how to really hate Macs, would you like to borrow this 'ere Airport Express?

[For more hate: how about mailing list managers that don't rewrite Reply-To: so you accidentally reply to just a random subscriber instead of the list. Yes, I know I ought to double-check. I still hate that I need to.]