On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, H.Merijn Brand wrote:

OO is IMHO even worse, in that they say they follow the locale pretty
strict, but they only follow $LANG and ignore $LC_*

Set $LANG to en_US.utf8 and LC_PAPER to A4, LC_TIME to something that
shows your dates as "DD-MM-YYYY" and time to "HH:MM:SS", it will still
convert 1-2-2009 to Jan 2, 2009. HATEFUL!!!!!

I just sent my paper type manually each time.  Isn't that fun?
I also end up formatting date and time cells manually.  Isn't that fun?
I have lots of fun with OO.  I also like to have fun with scissors.