* H.Merijn Brand <h.m.br...@xs4all.nl> [2009-03-24 14:35]:
> but why on earth "2009-03-05" *WITH* quotes end up as May 03,
> 2009 - even in the Dutch locale - is way beyond my level of
> understanding.

Did you try """2009-03-05""" ? Ie. a quoted column value
surrounded by quote-escaped quotes... It looks kooky, but if it
works that would actually be consistent with the CSV format.

The day/month swap, though, is a hate gem of rare magnificence.
Wow. Very rarely can any flaw in software, even those commonly
discussed on this list [^1], be considered so unambiguously and
incontrovertibly WRONG.

[^1]: Or is it? I forget what hates-software is supposed to be,
      other than not-a-list.

Regards,