On 2009-03-24, at 06:43, Mads Ruben Rennemo wrote:
Also, when I save you as a CSV, I expect a line break inside a cell to
be removed or converted. I don't expect to see two 8-column lines in
my 16-column CSV file.

CSV supports line breaks, if they're quoted. I wrote a CSV parser last year and it's a lot more complex than it seems at first... and while there's a couple of special case hacks for brain-damaged programs, Excel isn't one of them. At least as far as CSv *generation* is concerned. Getting Excel to read CSV without turning random text strings into other formats is more exciting.