On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:30:19PM +0100, demerphq wrote:

> Hows that for a thought? Some hacker 100 years from now may be
> bitching about how hateful the microfiche robot is while they are
> trying to convert it into the new fancy nano storage technology...

Well, we were able to read and decypher hieroglyphs, using a good sample
of the original media. (OK, the rosetta stone was not made out of papyrus,
but still.)

How about a civilization 1000 years from now finding a bunch of
hard drives or CD-Rom full of documents in the binary format of your
choice? I'm pretty sure they'd love to process some analog media like
punched cards or microfiches instead.

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Everyone's life seems easier from the outside.