On 2009-03-26, at 09:57, david.mackint...@xdroop.com wrote:
Yes, we have many NetApp filers.  We pay through the nose for them.
But the vast majority of the time, the subject line of the email alerts
tells you what's up, and for things like disks you don't even bother
reading the alert because there's one waiting for you downstairs.

Well, obviously, that disk waiting for you at the front desk is why you keep paying through the nose for them. :)

I guess they improved the subject lines in the past few years.

If you want to hate NetApp filers, how about mixed-mode filesystems?

I'd love to have the opportunity to hate NetApp filers again. It's a dry hate, quiet and unassuming, with a "woody" nose and contemplative aftertaste.