On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 05:13:25 -0500, Peter da Silva <pe...@taronga.com>
wrote:

> All audio software sucks. Even the best audio software developers seem
> to think that the pinnacle of user interface design is whatever cheap
> and greasy keyboard or amplifier they were playing "love shack" on the
> night they first got laid is the BEST THING EVAR and forever want to
> bring that tawdry experience to everyone's computer. And they all seem
> to think that the best way to do that is skins.

The best proof for that is bmp (beep-media-player) which had a
perfectly working SIMPLE GUI, but was abandoned for bmp-2 that
doesn't work as good for audio, but has an overbloated GUI.

I want to *LISTEN* to audio damned, not look at it.
WTF cares about visualising a radio station with wave patterns?
Do they just build in that crap to show off they have nothing
better to do, or do they want to prove that Linux programmers
can be just as sucky as Windows programmers?

> <jwz>Also, whenever a programmer thinks, "Hey, skins, what a cool
> idea", their computer's speakers should create some sort of cock-
> shaped soundwave and plunge it repeatedly through their skulls.</jwz>

Create me a set of plug-ins that work on EVERY audio player and support
ALL audio formats, so I can play everything and choose the player with
the least bloated GUI.

/me cares much about backups, where precious plugins reside that /do/
work and somehow are not shipped with `better' or `enhanced' versions
of audio-players

--
H.Merijn Brand  http://tux.nl      Perl Monger  http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using & porting perl 5.6.2, 5.8.x, 5.10.x, 5.11.x on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00,