On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Roger Burton West<ro...@firedrake.org> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:14:18AM -0400, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:

If only people would actually test even that far that their software
configures/builds/tests/installs in *Linux*
(as in: at least *try* more than one release of a distro, more than
one distro, more than x86 [1]).  But I think I
will get my polka-dot unicorn pony before any of that happens.

"Cross-platform" used to mean "runs on Red Hat _and_ Slackware". Now it
means "runs on RHEL _and_ Fedora". What is this x86 of which you speak,

You are too kind.  It means "worked in my system, morning and afternoon."

the Intel hegemony is complete and so processors need not even be
specified...

I am waiting for the commandos of the Ministry of Truth to rappel in
through my window any moment now.

--
There is this special biologist word we use for 'stable'. It is
'dead'. -- Jack Cohen