2009/8/15 Peter da Silva <pe...@taronga.com>:
> The bestest make replacement ever would be one that uses XML and requires a
> different version of Java than the program you're building!

Except that it doesn't actually use an XML parser but some odd XML
hack, so if you hand-craft your Makefile.xml, it'll fail eight times
out of ten with an obscure error message because you dared to use
something that's not in the tiny subset of XML that it actually
supports.

Such as, oh I don't know, line breaks inside tags, or more than one
space between attributes or something. (Or whitespace between tags.)

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <philip.new...@gmail.com>