On Dec 11, 2009, at 6:18 AM, Joshua Juran wrote:
I usually copy the title from the Web page itself (except for pages which don't bother to repeat the title in the page[1] (HATE) -- since the browser doesn't offer a convenient way to copy the <title> content[2] (HATE)). On a normal page, I can triple-click in FireFox to select an item or paragraph -- perfect. But in Safari, not only do you get trailing newlines, but pasting into Mail activates the double-spacing mystery mode.

Two things that might help:
- paste and match style
- add a bookmarklet to get you both in your preferred style, copy the result. Something like javascript:alert(document.title +'\n'+window.location); You might even be able to make that copy it to the pasteboard as well.

As to the mystery mode: (contains little hate, feel free to ignore)
I just tried this, and couldn't get it to happen*, but it's probably because when you paste something from Safari you're pasting in HTML (and the two paragraphs I tried weren't the right kind of paragraphs or something). Which brings along CSS, or at least tries to. And in HTML land <p> tags have a space in between paragraphs. Insert obligatory HTML hate here. As to why this happens from Safari and not Firefox I'm at a loss.

* is there anything worse than inconsistent hateful behavior?

~patrick