On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 01:26:45PM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 01:17:57PM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
[snip]
> > And, um *HATE*. "comments" that aren't.
>
> My point exactly.  Well, okay, I see the reasoning - it's not part
> of any squeal standard, and the dump might be usable without it -
> but still, this leads to other problems, including compatibility
> with their own server if people get even slightly distracted.

Hm.  Under sufficient pressure I just might admit that maybe
I meant "incompatibility" there, although sometimes compatibility
*could* indeed be a problem.

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20040821&mode=classic

Sometimes simply saying "It can't be done" waves problems away.
Much too often, the reply is "Well, I'm sure *you* can do it".
Sigh.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  r...@ringlet.net    r...@space.bg    r...@freebsd.org
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13