On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Daniel Pittman wrote:

> So, instead, we have 'set -o checkhash' to ask it to please work like sane
> people expect.

D'oh! That explains why I never see this stupidity.

1.1 (fanf 01-Sep-99): shopt -s cdspell checkhash checkwinsize extglob histappend

> Which, of course, accompanies the other half dozen "Don't Be Stupid" options
> I have configured in my shell setup to ensure it doesn't suck quite as much.

My favourite shell hate is POSIX's "logical" cd behaviour. And I see that
POSIX does not have the "don't be stupid" option `set -o physical`. Augh.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
HUMBER THAMES DOVER WIGHT PORTLAND: NORTH BACKING WEST OR NORTHWEST, 5 TO 7,