On 2010-12-19, at 06:36, Peter Corlett wrote:
Those of us with jobs and credit cards won't put up with that nonsense and will
pay for the problem to go away.

It seems that despite - or perhaps because of - a further five years of
development, the Year Of The Linux Desktop is further away in the future than
it was before. I note that in our development team, the number of Ubuntu
desktops is shrinking and Macs are proliferating. It takes a lot of effort to
drive away your core users, but I see that Linux GUI developers are up to the
task.

Me too.

UNIX is UNIX us UNIX. Apple makes a UNIX desktop that doesn't suck. I'll use it.

What do I use Linux for, at home? Running the occasional videogame that's been
ported to it. It might as well be Windows at this point.