* Marco Von Ballmoos <mvonbal...@gmail.com> [2011-02-06 15:25]:
> It's nice to know that you never lose changes, but if you can't
> find them or dig them out and apply them to your branch,
> they're as good as gone to you anyway.

Yeah. I think this needs to be advertised much more loudly than
it is. One of my highest-voted "real" answers at Stack Overflow
is for precisely that question:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/89332/recover-dropped-stash-in-git/91795#91795
(The comments on that one are fun. "You saved my butt", "I owe
you a beer", etc.)

Now that I think about it, maybe I should submit a patch to add
a `--dangling` switch or some such to gitk and git-log, to remove
the need for that question and answer in the first place. Hmm.

Regards,