On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 11:13:35AM +0100, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> You know, it's gobbledygook like the below that makes me stay away
> from learning git.

It's somewhat like Perl, in that "there's more than one way to do it" and
"make hard things possible". Unfortunately it missed the "make easy things
easy".

(But I still find it much less hateful than subversion, because unlike
subversion, merges work, and a bit less hateful than perforce, because it
lets me work offline or in private. And sure, some people are going to
consider hating Perl as shooting fish in a barrel, but at least the intent
of "make easy things easy" (when coupled with "make hard things possible")
is a good idea to keep in mind.)

Nicholas Clark