On Feb 6, 2011, at 2:13 AM, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:

You know, it's gobbledygook like the below that makes me stay away
from learning git.

   Well, you can just ignore it.   There is a pretty good SCCS in
   there[*] if you peel away several layers of self-indulgent chrome
   and features for the sake of it being features.

   [*]: well, there was at least as of version 1.5.2.2; my brief
        experiment with 1.7 gave me the strong impression that
        at least part of the core team had dallying with clearcase[**]
   [**]:but not, thankfully, at the wire format label.   As long
        as people with the steampunk versions of the code can pull
        from my sccs, I don't have to care about the new gears, gauges,
        and lovingly brassoed tubing that have been bolted on top.

   -david parsons