It was thus said that the Great Peter Corlett once stated:
> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 10:48:13AM -0700, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> >
> > * Use the same function for two totally different things.
> >   * eval BLOCK; eval STRING
> >   * select FILEHANDLE; select BITS, BITS, BITS, TIMEOUT
>
> Don't forget the three forms of goto: "ugly but useful performance hack",
> "break out the BASIC interpreter and fondue set, it's eighties night", and
> "computed GOTO, just kill me now!"

  Are you kidding?  It can get much worse than that.  I came across a
language [1] that allows for patterm matched random GOSUBs (and that's the
general case---it can do GOSUBs like other langauges, but it can also do
random GOSUBS, calculated GOSUBs, and pattern matched GOSUBs with randomness
thrown in for free).

  I am not making that up.

  And the overall syntax gives the sendmail.cf format a run for its money
(I'm still not sure which one is worse---at least the documentation for
sendmail.cf is easily obtainable, unlike the language I came across).

  -spc (Oh, and variables aren't named but numbered ... )

[1]     INRAC.  As far as I can tell, it was only used in two projects:
        Racter [2] and Star Alpha [3].

[2]     Not so much Artificial Intelligence as it is Artificial Insanity.
        It can be quite amusing at times.

[3]     I think it's some tutorial software in writing poetry.  I'm not sure
        as I haven't run it yet.