Sorry. I accidentally hit "send" too soon. Damn phone keyboards.

HBase already uses sub modules. But to split this up even further we'd have
to refactor the code which won't be easy.

So what we thought of doing is provide a second .pom for the same
code/artifact but with a stripped down set of dependencies. There are
multiple ways of doing this. Do you have any experience with this use-case
and provide insight into a good solution? That'd be great as I've never done
_this_ in particular.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Lars