Workbench currently doesn't have a way to do that.  caret5 has a way to do
this (caret_command -surface-to-volume, and there is another method called
multi-fiducial mapping, though I'm not sure how to invoke it), though you
may need to do some file conversion.

On a side note, FSL's probtrackx does support surface data, and is
generally what we advocate for tractography.

Tim