Hi

> On 3 Dec 2015, at 20:27, Bagrat Amirikian <amiri...@umn.edu> wrote:
> Thank you very much Steve for your prompt response!
>
> 1. I looked into Beckman IEEE TMI 2004. Is there any way to find out the
> threshold ‘Z-stats’ for each IC corresponding to the 0.5 posterior
> probability activation in the framework of Gaussian mixture model? In other
> words, how to use the provided Z-stats distributions, how to find a
> reasonable Z-stats threshold for an individual IC? Can such a threshold
> selection procedure be automated, or one needs to go over all components
> manually and after visual inspection make a selection?

If you run melodic with all output options turned on, you can find various
things relating to the mixture-model fitting and related thresholding (for the
web report images).  However for these HCP group-ICA maps, no thresholding was
applied (eg when using these as "parcellations" for generating the node
timeseries.

> 2. I was running two instances of wb_view in Windows 7, the second one loaded
> with WB_1.0_Tutorial. After closing them and then opening only one instance
> of wb_view loaded with group-ICA, only a single number appeared. Should this
> be reported as a bug in wb_view for Windows?

Sorry I'm not a wb_view expert so would need someone else to comment on that.

Cheers, Steve.

st...@fmrib.ox.ac.uk    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve