Check the raw data for that run and see if the head didn't move out of the FOV.

Peace,

Matt.

From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of Julien Dubois <jcrdub...@gmail.com<mailto:jcrdub...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, December 16, 2016 at 1:02 PM
To: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: [HCP-Users] Subject 101107: different brain mask for rfMRI_REST1_LR
and rfMRI_REST1_RL?

Hi,

I was just working with some of the HCP volume data and noticed that subject
101107 had a chunk of ventral prefrontal cortex missing in the
rfMRI_REST1_LR.nii.gz volume (in MNINonLinear/Results/rfMRI_REST1_LR).

Interestingly, the brain mask for rfMRI_REST1_RL.nii.gz seems different (more
inclusive). I thought that the brain masking was based on the anatomicals (T1w
and T2w), and was therefore the same across functional scans?

Either I misunderstood the brain masking procedure, or there is an issue in the
minimally preprocessed data for 101107. Screenshot of REST1_LR and REST1_RL
volumes, side by side, attached.

Thanks!
- Julien