Due to the spam filter, your image didn't make it through, but the fact
that scenes display properly indicates that the software and drivers are
probably working properly.  I'm guessing it may be of a gray brain surface
that is otherwise blank?  This would indicate that you haven't told wb_view
what data it should be displaying on the surface.

In order to display data on it, first you need to have surface data files
loaded (.func.gii, .dscalar.nii, etc), and then you need to "turn on" a
layer containing data, in the overlay toolbox (default location is bottom
of window) with the checkboxes on the left.  The spec file probably has
some ".func.gii" or ".dscalar.nii" files in it, but when loading the spec
file, they may not be set to load by default - try the "load all" button.

The HCP course data is intended to be used with the practical instructions,
which should explain these kinds of things.  There is also the workbench
tutorial - though written for workbench v1.0, it is still quite relevant to
the current version:

http://www.humanconnectome.org/documentation/tutorials/

Tim