I am using the following function (and is looped through the pairs of
unique sets of gradient tables (i.e. loops twice for dir99 and dir98):
${HCPPIPEDIR}/DiffusionPreprocessing/DiffPreprocPipeline.sh  \
      --posData="{posData}" \
      --negData="{negData}"  \
      --path="{path}" \
      --subject="{subject}"  \
      --echospacing="{echospacing}"  \
      --PEdir={PEdir}  \
      --gdcoeffs="NONE"  \
      --dwiname="{dwiname}"  \
      --printcom=""'

Where:
$posData = diffusion data in the positive direction
$negData = diffusion data in the negative direction
$path = output directory path
$echospacing = echospacing
$PEdir = 2
$dwiname = i.e. Diffusion_dir-98_run-01

FYI: I'm using HCPPipelines v3.17.

Technical details:

I run ${HCPPIPEDIR}/DiffusionPreprocessing/DiffPreprocPipeline.sh in a
Docker container with the following python code. It is looped through the
pairs of unique sets of gradient tables (i.e. loops twice for dir99 and
dir98) and set to process in parallel:

dwi_stage_dict = OrderedDict([("DiffusionPreprocessing",
partial(run_diffusion_processsing,

                 *posData*=pos,

                 *negData*=neg,

                 *path*=args.output_dir,