1.  Yes
  2.  I haven’t tried it on parcellated timeseries, but suspect that would be
fine too.

Matt.

From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of hercp <he...@uw.edu<mailto:he...@uw.edu>>
Date: Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 2:12 PM
To: HUMAN CONNECTOME
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: [HCP-Users] Mean and variance normalization

I am extracting time series from regions of interest.  Matt Glasser suggested
that I mean/variance-correct and concatenate the RL and LR phase encoded time
series.  I still have a couple of questions.

1.  Is the concatenation over time?  If so, doesn’t this introduce temporal
discontinuity?  Am I understanding the concatenation correctly?

2.  Would the outcome be equivalent whether I do the preprocessing to the
original rfMRI file  OR to the ROI extracted time series and why?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may offer.

Heracles Panagiotides, PhD

Heracles Panagiotides, PhD